Thursday, February 3, 2011

It must be Thursday.

My favorite quote from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is from Aurthur Dent and is said sometime after he discovers his house is about to be flattened, his planet is going to be destroyed and the friend he thought was a struggling actor is actually from another planet.

Aurthur says: "It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Yes, today is that kind of Thursday...not bad, just weird. After some morning scheduling weirdness, I've found myself not doing any of the things I thought I would be doing at work today and doing lots of things I thought I wouldn't be doing.

It's a chance to make a decision: resist the universe or surf the waves as they come. I'm not doing either especially gracefully today. The perfect storm of new moon energy, ladies holiday and Thursday, found me at the Panera buying cookies at lunch time...

So Yay for things that sort themselves out despite my best efforts to get in the way and Yay for cookies!

Tomorrow, off to David Keil's anatomy workshop with a friend...I'm so looking forward to it! Workshop posts to come next week.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yay for cookies! I have been doing things that I shouldn't be doing as well, and struggling to stay on schedule. Probably the after-effects of the moon day? (I obviously can't invoke Ladies' Holiday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's not just me! :) Maybe we need a Men's holiday then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for cookies! And I feel this way regardless (Holiday or not). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know Ashtangis are on the smae page when it comes to cookies!...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete