Monday, October 25, 2010

Savannah Adjustment Workshop with David Keil

I'm just back from a weekend workshop on adjustments for yoga teachers by my Mysore teacher David Keil. I now have a head full of thoughts on all manner of teacher, student, and practice related subjects....and a sore body. We were either doing poses while being adjusted or adjusting poses for most of a day and a half straight...whew!!

I follow David all over south Georgia and Florida to catch his workshops, but Savannah is definitely one of my favorite locations to catch one of his workshops. The resident Ashtangis from the hosting studio are such warm, fun people. If you're in the area drop in to a class here or here.

In fact, one of the coolest bits of the weekend was spending both some "downtime" as well as some "practice time" with other Ashtangis who live on the same crazy schedule as mine...nothing like a 9 pm bedtime on Saturday night to get your non-yoga friends rolling their eyes! Ah...I may still be crazy, but so nice to be reminded that I'm not the only one.

More posts on the workshop and the thoughts that have come out of it this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment