Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happiness is...and A Blog Honor

Happiness is being sat on by your teacher and then having your leg squashed down your back! I so love my teacher's adjustment for eka pada sirsasana...ahhhh. I just cannot get into that sticky bit deep in the hip on my own.

I'm in Miami this week for 5 days of practice with my teacher. I always blanch at the cost of getting a place to stay down here, but I'm being rewarded with 5 days of practice in a group of just 4 students...yes just 4! I'm soaking up the attention. :)

...and in other news I was named a 'Versatile Blogger' by Nobel! Thanks Nobel...my first blog honor!!

The rules for acceptance of this award are these:
1) Thank the person who gave me this award and link them back to their post.

2) Share 7 things about myself.

3) Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!

Right then, check off number one.

Number two, seven things about me on no particular topics:

1. I'm a biologist in my day-job...native plant conservation, soil and water quality issues, that sort of thing.

2. I love the beach, but don't often make the trip...even though it's only a couple hours away.

3. I love the season in Florida that makes many Floridians flee the state...the hot humid summers...stellar practice weather!

4. My current favorite pose is nakrasana. It just feels so goofy and fun.

5. I'm terribly inept at all things mechanical...you'd never know that I come from a family of engineers.

6. One of the few things I miss about living up north is picked-from-the-tree-ripe apples.

7. One of the few things I miss about living in Miami is picked-from-the-tree-ripe mangos.

and 15 versatile bloggers....the envelope says:

1. Inside Owl...my hand's down, all-time favorite read in the blogosphere.

2. Reluctant Ashtangi...I know Kai has stopped writing, but the archives are still up and she a great attitude about practice and life.

3. Susananda...posts don't appear often, but when they do I can always seem to relate.

4. Yoga for Cynics...title says it all

5. Stardust and Fairy Magic...painting with words

6. Massivist Missive...incredible photos...like a photo journal of a thought

7. Leaping Lanka...great blog. If you are new to Jason's blog, be sure to go back and read the archives of their trips to Mysore...good stuff!

8. Furry Wombat...amazing photos!!...and always a good read.

9. Chin to My Shin...definitely a way with words. It's like you're there, walking in her shoes.

10. City Mouse Trailing Spouse...this one is a recent discovery for me. Love reading about the challenges of keeping practice and teaching going through life's transitions.

11. Comments from a Yogi Anatomist...the best info on practical anatomy advice anywhere for Ashtangis out there. I might be biased though, since David is my teacher.

12. Beets Butter and Mountaintops...honest, heartfelt, good stuff.

13. Damn Good Yoga...a great chronicle of daily practice life.

14. The Confluence Countdown...a newish blog, great read and especially fun for those going to the confluence (me!) as we countdown to the event.

15. Friday Bear...this one has nothing whatsoever to do with yoga. I just have a thing for bears....and who wouldn't like to see a cool bear picture in their google reader every Friday. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment